Credit CounselingGwen’s Helping Hands, LLC is partnered with CPFCU to provide credit education, financial counseling, budgeting assistance, credit improvement, debt consolidation, debt restructuring, dealing with collection agencies, managing your checking account, qualifying for a mortgage, and establishing credit for the first time or re-establishing credit.
Gwendolyn M. Hawkins is a Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) with over 20 years experience in the credit union industry.
Perhaps your credit has changed due to circumstances beyond your control. Gwen’s Helping Hands is here to help you regain control of your finances and plan better for your financial future.
Take advantage of this free service offered to members of CPFCU by contacting Ms. Hawkins to schedule a confidential appointment either by e-mail at email@example.com or by calling (312) 499-8813.
GWEN’S FINANCIAL TIPS OF THE MONTH:
FIVE WAYS TO QUICKLY IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE:
1. Use your credit cards, but don’t max them out.
2. Open an installment loan so that you have a mix of credit. Make sure that the loan is reported to all three major credit reporting agencies.
3. Know your credit limit. Then work on paying down credit card debt.
4. Use an old credit card that you haven’t used in a while. This not only keeps the account open but you get points for having a card with a long credit history.
5. Dispute old negative accounts on your credit report. Get your free credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com
Need help with putting a budget or credit plan together? It’s all free to members of CPFCU!